This was taken out of the book “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Natural Magick” by Miria Liguana and Nina Metzner. If you like this recipe, please buy the book.
This recipe has several magickal components. Mustard seeds and peanuts both tend to draw newfound wealth into your life. Dates and tomatoes increase the power of the spell, and coconut promises a visit to an exotic land (or just a well-earned break from your everyday life). Cumin seed and jalapenos can add spice to a romantic relationship. It’s all good!
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 3 cups ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw, ground peanuts
- 1 large pitted date, soaked and mashed
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together cabbage, tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, coconut, and peanuts. Set aside. In a blender, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss until well coated. Serves 4.