This was taken out of the book “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Natural Magick” by Miria Liguana and Nina Metzner. If you like this recipe, please buy the book.
A nice winter treat, this is easy enough to serve during the week or to grace a holiday Yule or Candlemas/Imbolc table.
- 4 cups yams, cooked, peeled, and puréed
- 1/4 cup melted butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup whole pecan halves
Preheat the over to 350F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate. With an electric mixer, beat puréed yams, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and salt until smooth. Gently fold in ginger and cranberries. Spoon the mixture into the pie plate. Decorate with pecan halves and bake for 30 minutes. Serves 4-6.