This was taken out of the book “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Natural Magick” by Miria Liguana and Nina Metzner. If you like this recipe, please buy the book.
Here’s a soup that honors Earth and can be used in a ritual to give reverence to the Lady (or whatever Goddess[es] you follow) and to the Earth’s gnomes.
- 1/4 cup ghee (or 6 tbsps of olive oil)
- 1/2 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups green broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 cups spring water or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
In a large soup pot, heat the ghee or olive oil over low heat. Sautée the green pepper, broccoli, and onion for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the potatoes and water or stock, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer until the vegetables are tender — about 30 minutes.
Blend half of the soup in a blender until puréed. Stir back into the remaining soup. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Serves 4 – 6.